Ten Apples Up on Top Prop
(Thank you to Storytime Baby for modeling the headband :))
- Fake apples
- E-6000 adhesive [Note: in trying to keep this a total dollar store project, I picked up some super glue with the other supplies. In a word: FAIL. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say, there was more super glue on my fingers than on the project. Stick to the E-6000 and you'll have much better results.]
- Select your apples. I went with a variety of red and green.
- Trim any leaves or stems so that the apples can sit as snug as possible on top of each other.
- Find something to brace your prop while the glue dries. Styrofoam or something round like a big oatmeal container would work much better than the box I used.
- Make sure the area is well-ventilated-- the adhesive is potent!
- Glue and enjoy
At storytime, I plopped the prop on my head and asked the kids how many apples there were. They alternated between counting and giggling. Then we read the book.