- Put letters on the Chicka Chicka tree; sing ABCs (Playing & Singing)
Letter writing practice with the dry erase boards (Writing)[Just ran out of time today!]
- Scat the Cat folder story (mine looks a little different, but if you're not familiar with this one, Nikarella has a great post about it)
- Jazzy ABC iPad app
- I love this app! We used the alphabet to listen to all the different instruments. The kids stayed engaged for a lot longer than I expected since there's just one iPad and I don't have a place to project it. We made it all the way to S before they started to lose it. Since we were so close the end, I just sped up the pace of my presentation.
- 5 Little Instruments Rhyme5 Little Instruments were having lots of fun.Making silly noises and playing one by one.First we heard the saxophone with a melody so sweet.The music that the sax played nearly knocked me off my feet.When the sax was finished he headed for the door leaving four little instruments having lots of fun.Making silly noises and playing one by one.Then we heard the trumpet make a sound so clear and true.Toot-Toot-Biddily Boo-Whoop-Whoop-De Do-When that trumpet had finished he twirled round like a bee leaving three little instruments having lots of fun.Making silly noises and playing one by one.Next came the drums with a thundering, pounding, roar.The sounds that came from that drum set my feet dancing once more.Bop-Bop- a-whee-Bop-Bop bop e do-The drum played and played until there were just two.Two little instruments are having lots of fun.Making silly noises and playing one by one.Suddenly the tambourine chimed in to play the song.The people started clapping and tapping right along.That tambourine played all night long until we saw the sun.Be bop- a doobie wop- cha cha now there’s one.One little instrument having lots of funHe adds the final Be-bop and now the song is done.
- "Can't Wait to Celebrate" by Jim Gill from Jim Gill's Irrational Anthem
- "Mumbles" by The Oscar Peterson Trio from Jazz for Kids
- "Clap Your Hands" by Lisa Yves from Jazz for Kids
- "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong from Jazz for Kids
Craft: No craft this week
Links to actual products are for informational purposes only. I do not receive any compensation or other benefits.