I held my first preschool dance party on Wednesday this week. Thanks to Cate's descriptive series of posts, planning was a cinch!
Here's the playlist I used:
- Hello Hello by Miss Nina from Singing & Dancing Together
- Shake My Sillies Out by Raffi from More Singable Songs
- Shake It Up by Milkshake from Great Day
- I Know a Chicken by Laurie Berkner from The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band
- I Can Shake My Shaker Egg (In the Hall of the Mountain King) by Mr. Eric and Mr. Michael from Rockin' Red From The Learning Groove
- Clap Your Hands by They Might Be Giants from Here Come the ABCs
- All Together Now by Mflp Band from All Together Now
- Watch Us Work It by Devo from Yo Gabba Gabba! Music is Awesome! Volume 3
- High Fives by Yo Gabba Gabba from Yo Gabba Gabba! Music is Awesome! Volume 2
- Five Little Monkeys by Go Fish from Party Like a Preschooler (M)
- Octopus's Garden by The Beatles from Abbey Road (P)
- Hot Poppin' Popcorn by The Wiggles from Hot Poppin' Popcorn (P)
- Splish Splash by Bobby Darin (B)
- Bubbles by Yo Gabba Gabba from Yo Gabba Gabba: Music is Awesome! (B)
- Statues by Georgiana Stewart from Action Songs for Preschoolers (a Treasury of Fun!)
- Hi, Ho, the Rattlin' Bog by The Nields from All Together Singing in the Kitchen
- Shoes: Farewell, My Pants by The Nields from All Together Singing in the Kitchen
- Sometimes I Like to Scream by Dino 5 from Baby Loves Hip Hop Presents the Dino 5
- Shake It Off! by Uncle Rock from The Big Picture
- A Monster Goes Rrraargh! by ScribbleMonster & His Pals from Best of Friends
- Jump Jump by Genevieve Goings from Choo Choo Soul
- Dizzy by Lunch Money from Dizzy
- Hula Mula by The Happy Hatters from Exercise Party
- I've Got Rhythm by Splash 'N Boots from Exercise Party
- The Hokey Pokey by Dan Zanes & Friends from Family Dance
- Come on Let's Hop by Big Giants from Fee, Fi, Fo, Fun!
- The Crazy Dance by Go Fish from Party Like a Preschooler
- Goodbye Song by Yo Gabba Gabba featuring Jack Black from Yo Gabba Gabba Music is Awesome! Volume 2
This set list clocks in at exactly one hour. I set out a bucket of egg shakers/maracas, bean bags, a pile of homemade ribbon things, a couple hula hoops, a couple balls, my five monkeys playset (M) and also brought out bubbles (B) and the parachute (P) during certain songs. I had a small crew-- just 3 littles and their caregivers, but the kids kept their attention the entire hour, which was pretty impressive. I was expecting things to fall apart much sooner than they did.
I've got another scheduled for early December, and I hope it catches on. It is such an easy program to host and the kids and caregivers who did come had a great time! I forgot to snap a photo before the destruction, but here's an action shot from midway through. That pile of blue are the homemade ribbon things I mentioned earlier.
Note: Links are not affiliate links and I am not in any way compensated if you purchase cds from them. They are for information purposes only!